Monday, March 7, 2011

Clean Air Kids Compost in Windsor

Michael Lang understands the importance of composting any food waste and other products during lunchtime.

And he's only in the fifth grade.

Michael, 11, and his classmates at Grandview Elementary School in Windsor will become the first elementary school in Weld County on Monday to recycle compostable waste during their lunch periods.

“I think it's going to be fun to start composting. It's going to be really important and it's going to help a lot,” Michael. “I think it will give us a good start.”
Fourth-grader C.J. Christensen, 9, is also excited about the program.

“I think this is really cool, and that it's really going to help out our environment,” C.J. said. “I bet I'm going to be doing this for a long, long time after this. This is really exciting for me. I think the world will be doing great if other people catch on with this. If we keep doing this, I think the world is going to be in great shape in a few years or so.”
Read more in Windsor Now 

No comments:

Post a Comment